I stopped and thought –
What about our trip to Nashville?
There was so much that happened there that could not be seen with the natural eye.
Does the Lord want me to share events?
The Question was:
What did I do in Nashville for the Lord?
But
It isn’t about what “I” did for God but what He did in me!
I learned to follow Jesus.
I learned, all over again, in a deeper way, to trust Him.
, to trust in the Spirit.
I learned that God does not NEED me to get His will and purpose done!
However, God does invite me to go along with Him and participate with Him!
I learned to see – to watch, observe, see God in all manner of ways.
, to see God’s beauty in people
People are people.
People are the same hungry sinners no matter where we live or go.
We all need Jesus – there are none who live outside of this deep need.
People, everywhere, are hungry and needy for Jesus.
God’s grace is showing us just how much we need Him.
He, in His mercy, reveals the depth of our NEED – and with that, the completeness of His provision!
I learned people are people.
But Jesus IS the Son of God, receiving any and all who will take His hand and receive the Gift He holds out.
Life at the R.V. Park
There was:
-the college, ministry student beside us from Alabama,
-the couple from Texas on the other side of us, that were going through grief at the multiple deaths they were experiencing in their family
-Dan & Sue behind us who were staff behind us, worked most weekends and could no longer attend church regularly
-the Christian couple two trailers down from us, seeking to find his way in music from Arizona
-there was Peggy, Elizabeth and Tabitha, all staff members of the Park
All of these people were hungry for love and understanding – all hungry for God!
Did we leave a little of God behind us – today… I would say we did.
However, I struggled.
What am “I” doing here?
I could see what Robert was doing for God
- Through the Nashville Rescue Mission – that was obvious
- With his song writing and music – that was also so obvious.
BUT
What was I doing?
Where was God using me?
I struggled.
There was no BIG thing.
But,
There were lots of little things,
There was lots of everyday loving and living with Jesus.
What?
-just being available
-going for coffee with someone here and there
-going for lunch
-encouraging, praying, being willing to talk about God
-being willing to be honest about myself and my journey
Still
I struggled.
But Lord, I could have done that in Canada
at home in Wymark,
in Pambrun,
in Whitecourt!
Why did I need to come to Nashville to do this!
It seemed so regular, so normal – not different or spectacular!
But that is exactly why!
God is the same everywhere – any time – all the time!
People are people
No matter where they are AND God’s love does not change.
As we drove home from Nashville, we left in middle of May and it took us till July 1 to make it back to Pambrun. 1½ months!
Everywhere we stopped; it was the same story – God ministered!
People need God—the same way everywhere!
I didn’t do anything different!
Oh, I was always ready for the BIG thing, but it never came,
God allowed me to be a part of His everyday ministry of love and grace to people
To both those that already knew Him
And
Those whose hearts and souls were seeking
I learned to see God and appreciate His constant care, love and grace in the everyday ministry.
Regular people are just as hungry as those from the Rescue Mission.
The great blessing for those at the Rescue Mission was
They knew it!
They knew they needed Jesus for everything!
They knew they were hungry for more than food – and now that
They knew – they were fighting with everything God put in them to get it.
They knew they could NOT do anything on their own!
I started to pray to God for the gift of knowing my need – know my insufficiency to do anything without Him!
I was humbled and awed by God’s consistency, His faithfulness in everyday things.
My deepest prayer for people today is:
Lord,
Let us know how hungry we really are
Let us know we need You and only You.
Every day –
I hope and pray my need and your need for Jesus deepens and grows
That it gets so intense that we will no longer look for false solutions!
What a Gift!
Jesus, He is all we need, — and all we will ever need!
What about our trip to Nashville?
There was so much that happened there that could not be seen with the natural eye.
Does the Lord want me to share events?
The Question was:
What did I do in Nashville for the Lord?
But
It isn’t about what “I” did for God but what He did in me!
I learned to follow Jesus.
I learned, all over again, in a deeper way, to trust Him.
, to trust in the Spirit.
I learned that God does not NEED me to get His will and purpose done!
However, God does invite me to go along with Him and participate with Him!
I learned to see – to watch, observe, see God in all manner of ways.
, to see God’s beauty in people
People are people.
People are the same hungry sinners no matter where we live or go.
We all need Jesus – there are none who live outside of this deep need.
People, everywhere, are hungry and needy for Jesus.
God’s grace is showing us just how much we need Him.
He, in His mercy, reveals the depth of our NEED – and with that, the completeness of His provision!
I learned people are people.
But Jesus IS the Son of God, receiving any and all who will take His hand and receive the Gift He holds out.
Life at the R.V. Park
There was:
-the college, ministry student beside us from Alabama,
-the couple from Texas on the other side of us, that were going through grief at the multiple deaths they were experiencing in their family
-Dan & Sue behind us who were staff behind us, worked most weekends and could no longer attend church regularly
-the Christian couple two trailers down from us, seeking to find his way in music from Arizona
-there was Peggy, Elizabeth and Tabitha, all staff members of the Park
All of these people were hungry for love and understanding – all hungry for God!
Did we leave a little of God behind us – today… I would say we did.
However, I struggled.
What am “I” doing here?
I could see what Robert was doing for God
- Through the Nashville Rescue Mission – that was obvious
- With his song writing and music – that was also so obvious.
BUT
What was I doing?
Where was God using me?
I struggled.
There was no BIG thing.
But,
There were lots of little things,
There was lots of everyday loving and living with Jesus.
What?
-just being available
-going for coffee with someone here and there
-going for lunch
-encouraging, praying, being willing to talk about God
-being willing to be honest about myself and my journey
Still
I struggled.
But Lord, I could have done that in Canada
at home in Wymark,
in Pambrun,
in Whitecourt!
Why did I need to come to Nashville to do this!
It seemed so regular, so normal – not different or spectacular!
But that is exactly why!
God is the same everywhere – any time – all the time!
People are people
No matter where they are AND God’s love does not change.
As we drove home from Nashville, we left in middle of May and it took us till July 1 to make it back to Pambrun. 1½ months!
Everywhere we stopped; it was the same story – God ministered!
People need God—the same way everywhere!
I didn’t do anything different!
Oh, I was always ready for the BIG thing, but it never came,
God allowed me to be a part of His everyday ministry of love and grace to people
To both those that already knew Him
And
Those whose hearts and souls were seeking
I learned to see God and appreciate His constant care, love and grace in the everyday ministry.
Regular people are just as hungry as those from the Rescue Mission.
The great blessing for those at the Rescue Mission was
They knew it!
They knew they needed Jesus for everything!
They knew they were hungry for more than food – and now that
They knew – they were fighting with everything God put in them to get it.
They knew they could NOT do anything on their own!
I started to pray to God for the gift of knowing my need – know my insufficiency to do anything without Him!
I was humbled and awed by God’s consistency, His faithfulness in everyday things.
My deepest prayer for people today is:
Lord,
Let us know how hungry we really are
Let us know we need You and only You.
Every day –
I hope and pray my need and your need for Jesus deepens and grows
That it gets so intense that we will no longer look for false solutions!
What a Gift!
Jesus, He is all we need, — and all we will ever need!

No comments:
Post a Comment