Welcome!

Here you will find stories that will make you laugh and cry. Hopefully articles thta will make cause you to think and articles that will inspire you to comment. I welcome them all... We learn from each other. Grab your favorite hot beverage, sit back, put your feet up... and lets chat together or let me tell you a story...

About Me

My photo
First and foremost, I am a fervent follower of Jesus Christ. I have been honing the gift of writing that He has instilled within me. I love to share my faith and encourage other believers of their inheritance and future in Christ. I am a happy mother of two and a blessed grandmother of seven and a contented wife of one... I do not know the word can't. I can thank both my heavenly Father and earthly father for that one. At 5o years of age I learned to ski, at 53 I learned to skate and at 54 years of age I graduated College with a degree in Vocational Ministry. I love walking for the joy of enjoying the beauty of nature. I write devotionals, fictional stories and am gearing up to write non-fiction for both, in the near future. My passion is Jesus, writing and reading in that order. I hope you enjoy the hubs. You can also find me on The Hub Pages: http://ulrikegrace.hubpages.com

Friday, February 22, 2013

Our Significance

It's what Time!


So here I am, its 4:30am
And I am awake! I had all kinds of thoughts coursing through my head so I finally got up to write them down. They will be random – just warning. The thought that got me going was:
“I may have been physically able and ready to have babies when I did…However…I was not – let me repeat that NOTemotionally ready to have babies.”

CleanFeed

                                                                          
 CLEAN AND FEED
   

Yes, I knew how to care for them

Feed, clean and diaper them but babies are people not pets or toys! I have discovered through tough life lessons that babies need – respect, honor, value. And above all these babies need love!
All children, even at baby stage, need respect, honor and value every bit as much as adults (maybe even more because so much foundation is established at this point in their lives). At 16 & 18 years old (when I had my babies) I had no concept of this. Desperately needing these things myself, how could I give what I didn’t have or understand to another? Especially a child. Oh I loved my children however, it was a defective love built on need not given out of fullness. A fullness I have only since found in Jesus.
As a teen I was more than looking for love in all the wrong places…I was looking for value and respect. Today I understand – how do I look for value from another when I was de-valuing myself in the process? I had struggled with the concept or reality of my own value. I felt valueless and didn’t even realize that this was a greater part of my struggle. All people the second they are conceived in their mother’s womb, are valuable! Extremely valuable.
First – because of who their Creator is. God.
Second – because of what God has put in them. His life.
Third – because of His – God’s – purpose for them.

 

Value does NOT depend on physical circumstance.

Who your parents areI am not valuable because of who I was born to, who my parents are.
I am not valuable because of where I was born, what country or city.
Value is not in education and/or opportunity. None of these things is my value .
Who you are married to


Value is NOT based on who one is married to or what their job is. No!
Value –is based on God; on what God gave and did.
God does NOT value Moses or King David more than He does me.
God valued the blind man as much as He valued Moses or the apostle Paul or John or Peter!
Just because GOD created us gives us immense value.
It’s His stamp on us. (Think of an artist’s work)
Therefore…respect must follow.
All people should be respected because of their value in God’s eyes as His created! Honor and respect them because they have been formed and created by God Almighty! Each is a unique treasure. No two are the same. So each baby – right from birth has a right to value and respect.

 

Consider them!

My biggest failing! I did NOT consider enough the valuable treasures God gave me! I did not respect them enough as people with valuable needs and desires! I see this now. My huge regret is that I did not see it then.
A close friend of mine has been a priceless teacher and example. She genuinely respects her children. She appreciates the tremendous responsibility she has been given as their mother. And it returns back to her – multiplied over.
Children are neither pets, toys or fads!Children are NOT – pets, toys or a novelty.
They are NOT the latest fads – they are people!
They are tomorrow’s adults!
Do I want to invest in the future?
Invest in children – invest in babies
Invest value into them
Not just ability
It’s not something a parent or caregiver can re-do
We only get one chance at this in each life
Invest in our childrenONE
And children cannot raise themselves!
They NEED someone to invest in them
If you don’t – someone will…one way or another
That’s why God said – TEACH YOUR CHILDREN (Deut. 6)
And it has to start right away instilling in them their God given value.
They have to know -they are wanted!
-they are valued!
-they are worth it!
Created by GodSo babies need much more than diapering or feeding – they need, to be made aware of their value in God. Everything else is temporal and pales in significance



 
  

We put so much value in doing…in what we can produce…

We are pushed and pushed
-to excel
-to exceed
-to achieve
Making this the epitome of our value
THAT IS WRONG
If we can DO nothing – and many people can’t – for one reason or the other –we still have value equal to that of the highest achiever!
We have searched for and tried to achieve value Not realizing we already have priceless value in that God made us. He had a purpose for us – an object of His love – an object of His salvation. We need nothing else.
Do we want to increase our value?
Know God
Bryce Canyon - God's creative WorkThen we am able to direct others to their value – God!
It does Not impress God that I can make a picture;
He made the world!
It does Not impress God that I can balance the books;
He balanced the earth in the universe!
Our achievements are miniscule to God’s.
God's UniverseHe – God – wants us to do these things but we must see them in right perspective. If I ever have a book published or Not ; if I ever have a drawing that sells or Not– does Not make me more or less valuable.


Our value is set and stable.
What we do – is Not who we are
What we do is only part of who we are – it’s what makes us individually unique – but it’s only a fragment. Who we are will be who we are at 93! It won’t matter then whether we could write, draw, cook or sew – but it will matter if we’re kind, loving, patient, joyful, peaceful…
The Fruit of the SpiritAm I restful? Are the fruits of the God in me evident? This is where the greatest treasure lies. If I can draw – eventually my drawing will fail…BUT God’s kindness will Not . God’s peace will Not . Galatians 5:22 says, “…the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control…” These fruits – because they are eternal will never fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment