Welcome!

Here you will find stories that will make you laugh and cry. Hopefully articles thta will make cause you to think and articles that will inspire you to comment. I welcome them all... We learn from each other. Grab your favorite hot beverage, sit back, put your feet up... and lets chat together or let me tell you a story...

About Me

My photo
First and foremost, I am a fervent follower of Jesus Christ. I have been honing the gift of writing that He has instilled within me. I love to share my faith and encourage other believers of their inheritance and future in Christ. I am a happy mother of two and a blessed grandmother of seven and a contented wife of one... I do not know the word can't. I can thank both my heavenly Father and earthly father for that one. At 5o years of age I learned to ski, at 53 I learned to skate and at 54 years of age I graduated College with a degree in Vocational Ministry. I love walking for the joy of enjoying the beauty of nature. I write devotionals, fictional stories and am gearing up to write non-fiction for both, in the near future. My passion is Jesus, writing and reading in that order. I hope you enjoy the hubs. You can also find me on The Hub Pages: http://ulrikegrace.hubpages.com

Friday, February 22, 2013

"IN"

In the Vine

No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain IN the vine (John 15: 4)
No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain IN the vine (John 15: 4)

IN

For a little word it has a tremendous impact. This word affects everything I say or I do.
What do you picture when you hear “IN”? Here are some of the things that immediately come to my mind.
 

Love is a wonderful thing

 

 

 

 

 

 

Safely tucked IN their beds...

Home Sweet Home

                  Safe Under His Wing


 
The Psalms accentuate the importance of IN; particular the idea of what I am IN-to! What gets my attention and brings me "feelings" of safety.
The Psalmist has strong direction to give aid in this question.
Psalm 91: He who dwells IN the shelter of the Most High
Will rest IN the shadow of the Almighty


Psalm 16: Keep me safe, O God, for IN You I take refuge!




 

Exodus 12

The spectacular event of the Passover also comes to mind
If one was not IN a home whose door frames were painted with the blood of the lamb specifically chosen for this occasion there was death, the firstborn – had to be IN
And we are all firstborn IN Jesus! We must come IN under the safety and refuge of the Blood of Jesus.

A clear lesson of IN
 
Who am I IN to? Everyone is IN to something.

Am I Into...

Myself?
Myself?
  
A Hero?
A Hero?
  
Art, my art?
Art, my art?
  
My Writing?
My Writing?
  
A Hobby?
A Hobby?
  
Maybe Sports?
Maybe Sports?
  
A Job?
A Job?
  
Food?
Food?
  
What is it that makes me feel safe, loved secure? If it is anything other than Jesus, it will be short-lived; it is false. A diabolical deception!
Jesus spoke of being IN Him. Abiding IN Him as He is the vine – the life-giving vine – and we are the branches. (John 15:1-17 – there are 15 “IN’s” in just this specific passage.)
IN Jesus is the ONLY place to find eternal security, love, peace and much sought after rest. People are tired because they are chasing after true rest which can only be found IN Jesus.
Matthew 11:28-30 Jesus invited…“Come to Me, All you who are weary and burdened, And I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, For I am gentle and humble IN heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”
IN Jesus I WILL have rest.

"IN"
A fantastic word


 

No comments:

Post a Comment